Fancy some tasty Paleo Muffins?
Yes, I know, I know…there aren’t many pictures, diagrams, cave etchings or much in the way of history that would depict our beloved Cavemen bringing out piping hot trays of Paleo muffins from the oven!
And yes, we know that the Paleo diet or lifestyle is in fact based on what the cavemen themselves had available to eat by hunting or gathering. But this does not mean we can’t take the principles of such a diet and expand upon them to create yummy and gourmet recipes? Surely we can do that? Are we not here to enjoy life?! Of course we are.
We deserve yummy Paleo meals and foods and Paleo muffins are no exception. The Paleolithic nutrition rules still apply however so long as we select the right ingredients we can also use our ovens, mixers and kitchens to truly enjoy a Paleo diet lifestyle with some tasty treats included. And like normal, with a little bit of creative thinking and effective ingredients substitution you can create such Paleo approved delicacies such as Apple Cinnamon Paleo Muffins, Banana Carrot Muffins Paleo, Paleo Pumpkin Muffins and even Paleo Pancakes!
So without further ado, grab your chefs hat and mixing bowl and take your choice of some of the best and most delicious Paleo muffins recipes I have found on-line and shared with you below. I do hope you enjoy them!
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Paleo Muffins – Honey Frosting – Delicious!!!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- small pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 cup palm shortening
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk, chilled (only the thick stuff, not the water)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- orange zest for garnish (optional)
- crushed pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit and adjust rack to middle position
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners
- Whisk eggs, honey, vanilla, butter, and applesauce in a large mixing bowl or use a stand mixer
- Sift coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt over a medium bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until well blended
- Fold in chocolate chips ensuring an even distribution throughout your batter
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool
- Once cool you can head below and make the frosting to go with them
- Combine palm shortening, coconut milk, and honey in a stand mixer or mixing bowl and beat on low for 20 seconds
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl and then beat on high for approximately 60 seconds until your frosting thickens
- By hand, fold in your cinnamon and other optional ingredients ensuring an even distribution
- Once your paleo muffins have cooled, frost them to your liking
- Enjoy – you can read additional notes and thoughts from the original site here…
Now onto a great favorite for everybody…Blueberry Paleo Muffins…
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp raw honey dark
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
I doubled the batch (single batch makes about 8 muffins) so we could freeze some for later. These keep well so it makes for an easy on-the-go breakfast.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients in small bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients in medium bowl.
4. Combine all ingredients until smooth.
5. Put liners in a muffin pan and fill up each cup about 2/3 way full
6. Cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy!! Read the personal thoughts of the chef and full recipe here…
Gluten Free Chunky Style Apple Paleo Muffins…
I do love a nice apple muffin! Outside of a delicious banana muffin this one would be my next favorite! Especially not long out of the oven when its soft and warm…yummy!
For those of you who have not had much experience in making Paleo muffins or just want to watch and see how its done rather than read about it, take a peek at the short video below from Connie Mareno, a qualified nutritionist from South Carolina.
This video shows you just how easy it is to whip up a tray of delicious Paleo muffins that can be enjoyed in less than 1 hour! The chunky style of these muffins sets them apart from the normal muffins you are used to and really adds to the flavor!
So there’s just three different recipes you can try in your own home. The truly fantastic thing about these muffins is that they are so easy to make and as long as you stick to the ingredients allowed on the Paleo diet then you will have practically endless combinations of sweet and also savory Paleo muffins to munch on!
If you're after a heap more Paleo friendly sweets then take advantage of this great offer below!